Top Paris Fun Facts
- Paris – the city named after a Celtic tribe. The name “Paris” is derived from its early inhabitants, the Celtic Parisii tribe.
- Paris, the capital of France, is one of the most visited cities in the world.
- The Eiffel Tower was designed by Alexandre-Gustave Eiffel and built for the Paris Exhibition of 1889, which marked the centenary of the French Revolution. The tower consists of 15,000 steel sections held together by 2.5 million rivets.
- The Notre Dame Cathedral is also one of the most visited religious buildings in the world: it has more that 13 million visitors per year.
- Paris is known as “The City of Lights”. This is not only due to its historical enlightenment period, but also the fact that it was one of the first cities in the world to install street lights.
- The famous bell of Notre Dame Cathedral’s name is as Emmanuel, and he weighs 13 tons.
- Paris has 470,000 trees in the city limits.
- New York’s Statue of Liberty was a gift from the French. But France loved her too – there are currently ten Statues of Liberty in France, with five in Paris alone.
- In Paris, there is 1 dog for every 7 Parisians, that over 350,000 dogs, more than the number of kids in Paris.
- And with so many dogs (and kids), it’s great that Paris has more than 420 parks in the city limits.
More Cool Magic Garden Paris Stuff
More Paris Magic Garden Ideas
Best Paris Gardens
More Incredible Crepe Recipes